Hearty stuffed mushrooms filled with rich cream cheese, tender spinach, melty mozzarella and parmesan, and vibrant garlic then topped with crispy panko bread crumbs. An appetizer or party snack recipe that’s sure to impress! They’re easy to make and perfect for entertaining.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 22 large cremini mushrooms or button mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 (10 – 12 oz.) bag frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (1 1/2 tsp)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven and prepare baking sheet: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Optionally you can line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier clean up.
- Squeeze moisture from spinach: Place spinach on several layer of paper towels, spread it out a little then fold paper towels over and squeeze most of the excess moisture from spinach. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix cheeses and seasoning: Add in cream cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir mixture to blend.
- Oil mushrooms: Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet and spray top and bottom sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill mushrooms: Scoop out a spoonful at a time and stuff into mushrooms. Set on baking sheet, filling upright.
- Prepare topping, add to mushrooms: In a small mixing bowl stir together panko, remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 tsp olive oil. Sprinkle over each mushroom.
- Bake: Bake in preheated oven until filling is hot, mushrooms have softened and topping is golden brown, about 20 – 24 minutes (if topping didn’t brown enough you can broil just briefly). Serve warm.