In just 45 minutes Roast Pork and Mashed Potatoes with Molasses-Stewed Collard Greens will be ready enjoy. Your family will love this classic comforting meal!
- 1 Pork Roast
- 1 Russet Potato
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Carrot
- ½ Bunch Collard Greens
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Pork Demi-Glace optional
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper on all sides. In a medium pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned pork; cook, turning occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Transfer to a foil-lined sheet pan, leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan on the stove. Roast 18 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Heat a small pot of salted water to boiling on high. Large dice the potato. Peel and small dice the carrot. Remove and discard the collard green stems; roughly chop the leaves.
- While the pork roasts, add the potato to the pot of boiling water and cook 14 to 16 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Off the heat, add the butter; using a fork, mash the mixture to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potato has cooked for about 5 minutes, heat the pan of reserved fond on medium-high until hot. Add the carrot; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the collard greens, demi-glace, vinegar, molasses and ¼ cup of water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes, or until the collard greens have wilted and the liquid is slightly reduced in volume. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Find the lines of muscle (or grain) of the rested pork; thinly slice crosswise against the grain. Divide the mashed potato, stewed collard greens and sliced pork between 2 dishes. Top with any remaining sauce from the pan of collard greens. Enjoy!.