This lobster roll recipe is fresh lobster chunks tossed in a mixture of mayonnaise, lemon juice and herbs, then served in toasted, buttered buns. A New England classic that’s easy to make and always gets rave reviews!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat approximately 3 1/2 cups, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped, use the tender inner stalks
- 1 tablespoon chives thinly sliced, plus more for garnish if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 split top hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- Place the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Spread the butter onto the outer sides of each bun. Place the buns in a pan or on a griddle over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Divide the lobster mixture among the buns. Serve immediately, garnished with additional chives if desired.