Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- 8 Beef Short Ribs
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Green Onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger finely grated with a microplane
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- Zest of 2 Limes
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Gochujang found on the Asian foods aisle of any grocery store by the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce etc
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Roast Beef
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Chili Pepper sliced for serving *optional
- Additional Green Onions for serving
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Sesame Seeds for Garnish
- Rice for Serving
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a pie dish or pan.
- Coat each rib on all sides with the flour and set aside.
- Heat a dutch oven (this is our absolute favorite) or oven safe pot over medium high heat with a few drizzles of olive oil. Add 3-4 ribs at a time, browning on each side and remove to a plate.
- Wipe out any black flour if there is any, leaving any browned bits in the pan.
- Prepare the measurements of the ingredients in a glass measuring cup except the garlic and ginger.
- Add a drizzle of oil if the pan is dry, tilting to coat the pan.
- Sauté the garlic and ginger over medium heat, stirring often.
- Quickly add the liquids into the pot, scraping the browned bits up off of the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon.
- Return the ribs to the pot and reheat to a boil.
- Place the lid on the dutch oven and carry it to the oven, arranging it on the very center rack.
- Cook the ribs with the lid on for 2 1/2 hours, checking the meat to be sure it is tender and there is enough liquid at this point. If the meat is not tender, return to the oven for another 20-40 minutes. We’ve never had to do this, but if you do, just keep an eye on it.
- Carefully take the pot out of the oven and spoon liquids over the ribs. Top with garnishes and serve over Jasmine Rice.