This recipe for grilled lobster tail is fresh lobster that’s cooked to tender perfection, then topped with garlic and herb butter. A simple yet elegant meal option that’s sure to get rave reviews from family and friends.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 lobster tails 7-8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium high heat.
- Use kitchen shears to cut down the top of each lobster tail. Use a sharp knife to slice down the cut area, all the way through the flesh of the lobster, but not through the bottom shell.
- Use your hands to flatten each tail. Place a wooden or metal skewer through the lobster meat in each tail.
- Brush each lobster tail with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the butter, garlic, parsley, and salt in a small bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments until butter is melted. Stir to combine.
- Place the lobster tails flesh side down on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the tails over and drizzle the garlic butter over the top of each one. Grill for another 4-5 minutes or until lobster meat is opaque.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley for garnish and serve with lemon wedges on the side.