Course Dinner, lunch, Main Course
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef 93/7
- 1 ½ cup sweet onion finely diced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 5 cups cabbage cut into ¼-inch shreds
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos Tamari or soy sauce, gluten-free*
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds optional
- Green onions optional
- In a large saute pan over medium heat drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and add ground turkey. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until turkey is almost cooked through.
- Push turkey to the side of the pan and add onion and other tablespoon of oil. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add shredded carrots, garlic, and ginger and saute for 2 minutes. Stir the vegetables and turkey together.
- Pour chicken broth in the pan and scrape the bottom of it to deglaze it.
- Add cabbage, coconut aminos or soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir well and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until cabbage is to your desired tenderness.
- Just before serving add toasted sesame oil and top with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over regular rice, cauliflower rice, or eat it in a bowl by itself. Enjoy!