Soon to be one of your go-to side dishes! It pairs perfectly with a tropical meal, a Thai main dish, or seafood. It’s super easy to make, it has a delicious and rich, natural coconut flavor and it compliments so many flavors. Plus kids and adults alike love it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Resting Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups (14 oz) jasmine rice
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) coconut water or water
- Place jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve and rinse under cold water until water runs clean. Drain well, it works best to tap base of sieve with your hand or against the sink.
- Heat coconut milk and coconut water in a medium non-stick saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, season with salt (add to taste, I use about 3/4 tsp) add rice and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water has been absorbed (you may find there’s a few small pools of liquid at the top and that’s fine), about 17 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat let rest covered 15 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve warm.